I’m back with another quick and easy recipe for you to bring to your family Christmas party, work holiday party, or friend’s potluck dinner. Whatever you need a side dish for, this one is sure to please! I first had this dish at one of our friend’s home for supper club. I liked it so much, and it seemed like a great healthy food, that I asked her for the recipe. I’ve made it many times for my family since then, and it has become one of my go-to recipes when I need to bring a dish to a social function. The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it beforehand and let it chill in the fridge instead of rushing to cook or bake right before the party. Ready to try it out? Here’s what you’ll need…
1 1/2 sweet potatoes (or 2 small ones), peeled and chopped
2 – 3 stalks of celery, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/3 cup olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon (or 1 drop of Young Living Lemon Vitality Oil)
1/2 cup of parsley, coarsely chopped
1 tsp dried marjoram
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and chop sweet potatoes.
2) Toss chopped sweet potatoes in a drizzle of olive oil (about 2 TBSP), put on baking pan, bake for 25 minutes (I usually stir them around about halfway through)
3) Finely dice onions and celery, put with cooked sweet potatoes in a large bowl, mix
4) Mix the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in chopped parsley.
5) Add marjoram to olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley mixture and season lightly with salt and pepper
6) Toss the dressing with the vegetables
7) Serve chilled