If you read my Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken and Tomatoes post a few weeks ago, you’ll remember that I had some baked green beans as the side. Well, as promised, here’s the recipe for those delicious green beans…
I originally made this dish as a side for a supper club meal a few years back, and it was an instant hit. What I love about this recipe is that it is not only delicious, but it is also healthy too! I don’t know about you, but I can only eat steamed green beans or broccoli so many times a week. This is a great way to get another serving of green beans during the week without getting bored. As an added plus, it’s a fairly simple recipe with ingredients that I usually keep in my pantry.
*Whole green beans
*2 Tbsp of olive oil
*1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
*1 tsp of Garlic powder
*Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Wash the green beans and remove any stems. (I actually wash them in my salad spinner so that I can spin them fairly dry after).
3) In a bowl, coat green beans with olive oil.
4) Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
5) Place the green beans on a pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Try to spread them out enough so that they are not overlapping.
6) Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the green beans.
7) Bake for about 15 minutes (a few minutes more or less, depending on the size of the green beans).
8) Broil for about 2 minutes more to get the cheese to be nice and crispy.
9) Remove and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of this recipe below in the comments. Pin it if you like it. Have another favorite way to serve green beans? Share with us! We’d love to hear from you.