This is post seven in the series that started with the crockpot whole chicken. Just finding out about this great series? Start here to catch up.
I am back again with a new recipe to add to your collection of ways to use your crockpot-cooked whole chicken. This one is a nice, quick cold lunch that can be put together the night before for convenience.
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded or chopped chicken
- 2 Tbsp of Basil Pesto
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt (Greek yogurt is a great choice here too)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced Mozzarella
- Sliced Roma Tomato
- French Bread
1. Shred or chop the cooked chicken from your crockpot whole chicken. Add it to a bowl with the pesto, yogurt, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
2. I like to chill the mixture at this point before serving. While it’s chilling, I slice the mozzarella and Roma tomato.
3. Once the mixture is chilled, slice the French bread, put the mixture on one half, add mozzarella and tomato slices on top and then add the second half of the French bread on top. Add a toothpick to hold it together, if needed.
*If you are packing this for lunch at work, simply pack all the chilled items together, but leave your bread separate (in a Ziploc bag) so that it does not get soggy.* Enjoy!
Missed the previous recipes? Find them all here: